Corporate Wellness Garden Education Programming
Join your coworkers outside to help plant, maintain and harvest organic produce from a Corporate Employee raised bed urban farm.
Green City Growers’ professional farmers maintain the corporate urban farm weekly, working one-on-one with employees over the course of the year to ensure a successful harvest. Our corporate garden education program engages employees in the process of growing produce, empowering them to eat healthier and apply their newly found skills learned at work at home and in their communities.
Harvard Pilgrim’s relationship with Green City Growers is essential to the production and quality of our organic farms. Thanks in part to their ability to partner with us, we’ve seen our employee volunteers grow from novices into knowledgeable farmers. GCG educates us on every aspect of farming, from seeds to harvest, bugs to critters. We learn, we thrive, we grow!”
Peggy Malumphy, HPHC Volunteer
The produce grown can be donated to a local food shelter like Lovin’ Spoonfuls, distributed among the volunteers, incorporated into the company cafe/cafeteria, or any combination of the three.
- Gain new practical skills you can apply at home
- Re-energize and reduce stress
- Collaborate with coworkers in a common interest
- Get outdoors and do something active
- Harvest produce for donation or to take home
“It’s a different feeling than touching my keyboard all day, and it’s nice to get out and see something green and growing and to battle some bugs instead of some technical issue for a little while.”
- Promotes healthy employee lifestyle choices
- Provides cross departmental team building opportunities
- On site raised beds “green” your business
- Give to the local community through tax-deductible food bank donations
- Generate press (our urban farms have been featured in the NY Times, USA Today, The Boston Globe, WBUR, among others)