Now is prime time for summer squash! Wondering what to do with all that fresh produce in your garden? Here is a quick and easy (vegan!) recipe that makes a great snack or summer appetizer.
1. 1 summer squash
2. 1/2 tsp garlic powder
3. 1 tsp paprika
4. 1 tsp black pepper
5. 1 tsp salt
6. 1 cup almond flour (suggestion: Bob’s Red Mill Finely Ground Almond Meal)
7. 1/3 cup almond milk
1. Slice summer squash into rounds 1/3 of an inch thick
2. Pour almond milk into bowl.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
4. Dip squash round in milk.
5. Cover squash round with dry ingredients to create a “breaded” texture.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with all squash rounds.
7. Coat skillet with olive oil and heat on medium.
8. Place squash rounds in pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
9. Serve warm, add a side of tomato sauce for dipping as desired.
This recipe also works well with eggplant. Just cut into rounds, fry, and serve. Enjoy!