Green City Growers is currently seeking Builds and Installation crew members, with full time, part time, and on-call positions available, March-November. Salary commensurate with experience.
Scope of Work
- Assist in builds and installs of all GCG products through manual labor.
- Work together with team to meet schedule and comply with quality standards.
- Follow safety procedures and maintain an organized and safe working environment.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with co-workers, customers and others
Site & Facilities:
- Help to maintain organized and clean vehicles, site and shop.
- Perform cleanup, upkeep and other tasks when required.
- Report questions, concerns, product or process information to direct manager
*This position does not involve farming or gardening on a regular basis, but there are occasional opportunities to plant-in a garden after it is installed.
Skills & Requirements:
- Hard work ethic, timeliness, ability to take instruction well, attention to detail. Knows how to use hand tools (i.e., saw, shovel, hammer, etc…)
- Construction, and/or landscaping experience a plus. Know how to behave around power tools, heavy equipment and busy job sites
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- No problem working outside in varying weather conditions and noisy/dirty environments.
- Ability to regularly move heavy objects greater than 50 lbs
- Loose-fitting, seasonally-appropriate clothing and composite-toe boots required.
Following a conditional offer of employment, GCG requires motor vehicle record checks on all final Ops Crew candidates. An applicant for employment will not be hired if his or her driving record reflects any of the following infractions; some examples include but are not limited to:
- Suspended or revoked license.
- Three or more moving violations in the past 36 months.
- Any violations involving drugs, alcohol, controlled substances, etc. within the past 24 months.
- Leaving the scene of an accident within the past 24 months.
- Reckless driving within the past 24 months.
- At fault in an accident resulting in fatality or serious injury within the past five years.
If interested, please send resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of inquiries we receive, please, no phone calls, or e-mails to addresses other than firstname.lastname@example.org.