Green City Growers is New England’s premier urban farming company. We transform unused space into thriving urban farms, providing schools, homeowners, restaurants, businesses and communities with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring self-sufficiency. Our clients include: Whole Foods Market, the Boston Public School system, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston Properties, B.GOOD restaurants, and Fenway Farms, a 5,000 square foot farm on the rooftop of Fenway Park. And there’s much more to come!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a growing company that is dedicated to helping bring sustainable food production into Boston and beyond.
Full time seasonal position: 40hrs per week
Compensation: Base $15/hour, commensurate with experience, plus partial benefits package
Start: March-November or as conditions allow
- Assist in builds and installs of all GCG products through manual labor
- Work with the team to meet schedule and comply with quality standards
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a safe and organized working environment
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with co-workers, customers and others
SITE & FACILITIES:
- Help to maintain organized and clean vehicles, shop and job site
- Perform necessary cleanup, upkeep and other tasks when required
- Report all questions, concerns, and pertinent information to manager
- Prepare for and document work daily in our online systems, including Google Calendar, Google Forms, and Zoho CRM. Provide customer and participant feedback as needed for internal continual improvement processes.
- Some administrative experience and comfort with technology/computers
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated commitment to high quality work
- Strong time management and organizational abilities, with the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, and professional demeanor
- Flexible schedule — some weekend days may be required, occasionally days run long
- Willingness and ability to perform physically challenging work in all weather conditions
- A love of the outdoors, building, growing, and urban renewal!
- Hard work ethic, timeliness, professionalism and ability to take instruction well. Attention to detail. Competent in basic hand tool use (saws, shovel, drill, etc.)
- Construction, and/or landscaping experience. Know how to act responsibly around power tools, heavy equipment and busy job sites.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Comfortable working outside in varying weather conditions and noisy/dirty, construction environments. Ability to lift 50 lb.
- Loose-fitting, seasonally appropriate clothing and composite-toe boots required.
Following a conditional offer of employment, GCG requires motor vehicle record checks on all final Ops Crew candidates. An applicant for employment will not be hired if their driving record reflects any of the following infractions; some examples include but are not limited to:
- Suspended or revoked license.
- Three or more moving violations in the past 36 months.
- Any violations involving drugs, alcohol, controlled substances, etc. within the past 24 months.
- Leaving the scene of an accident within the past 24 months.
- Reckless driving within the past 24 months.
- At fault in an accident resulting in fatality or serious injury within the past five years.
To apply, please attach a resume and send a brief email with the subject “Operations Crew” to email@example.com outlining your experience and desire to be part of our team. Please no calls or emails other than to this address.
Green City Growers does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.