OFFICE MANAGER + BOOKKEEPER
Start date: immediate
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 based on experience + benefits
Green City Growers is New England’s premier urban farming company. We transform unused space into thriving urban farms, providing schools, homeowners, restaurants, businesses and communities with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring self-sufficiency. We’re most known for our rooftop farm at Fenway Park for the Red Sox.
Green City Growers seeks a positive, driven individual interested in immersing themselves in a growing business and assisting Green City Growers’ management team in keeping the business running smoothly through administrative responsibilities and communications.
- Accounting: accounts payable and receivables and reconcile bank accounts and enter month-end transactions. Process payroll. Provide information and financial statements as needed to accountants and other financial services providers. Bank account management. Purchasing expense management and record of receipts. Assist management with expense reports. Monitor monthly inventory.
- Human Resources: manage, update, and administer human resources documents, i.e. employment agreements, benefits documents. Screen resumes. Administer all employee benefits.
- Document Administration and Compliance: filing & record keeping. Maintain an orderly HR, vendor, accounting and other necessary filing systems. Maintain version control of company standard operating procedures. Support company with compliance requirements/reporting (local, state, and federal). Ensure licenses and permits, insurance documents, employee handbook are up-to-date and accessible. Manage version control and formatting of all internal documentation (eg., Legal, SOPs, contracts, service agreements). Develop and maintain and all SOPs related to administration of business. Assemble information for external audits. Maintain database of all account access usernames and passwords for all company accounts and services.
- Vendor Management: manage relationships with outside admin vendors: information technology, internet/phone, insurance agents/providers, and accounting support. Apply for credit accounts for all necessary vendors, ensure updated list is maintained.
- Incoming Communication Management: manage primary company e-mail accounts and website form submissions and forward messages appropriately. Answer phone and voicemails and direct calls as necessary.
- Office IT: Light technology upkeep and liaison with external IT company.
- Budgeting and Procurement: create budget for, and manage procurement of, office supplies. Research new office technology products as needed; review quotes with management.
- Additional Responsibilities: schedule and coordinate all-company meetings. Coordinate travel. Coordinate supplies and office cleaning.
Requirements for the Position
- 3+ years with bookkeeping and basic business financial management required
- Experience with Quickbooks, P&L statements, balance sheet statements, depreciation and amortization schedules
- 3+ years experience in an office environment required. Office management and/or human resources experience a plus
- High school degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly organized. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Friendly, positive attitude and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Health, paid vacation, holidays, sick time, 401k, dental insurance, LTD Life and AD&D insurance
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with subject line “Office Manager + Bookkeeper Position” to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. We look forward to hearing from you!