Green City Growers, or GCG, is growing and is looking to hire an Installations Crew member for Boston and the surrounding area. This position is seasonal full-time. This is a perfect position for someone who is motivated by working together with a strong team of friendly, motivated and professional craftspeople to install all kinds of onsite food production systems from raised beds to rooftop farms. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a growing company that is dedicated to helping bring sustainable food production into Boston and beyond.
- BUILDS-INSTALLS: Assist in builds and installs of all GCG products through manual labor. Work with the team to meet schedule and comply with quality standards. Follow safety procedures and maintain a safe and organized working environment
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Maintain a professional and courteous manner with co-workers, customers and others
- SITE & FACILITIES: Help to maintain organize and clean vehicles, shop, and job site. Perform necessary cleanup, upkeep and other tasks when required
- COMMUNICATIONS: Report all questions, concerns, and pertinent information to manager. Prepare for and document work daily in our online systems. Provide customer and participant feedback as needed for internal continual improvement processes.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Hard work ethic, positive attitude, punctual and a high level of professionalism. Ability to take instruction well.
- Comfortable working outside in varying weather conditions and noisy/dirty, construction environments. Ability to lift 50 lb.
- Competent in basic hand tool use (saws, shovel, drill, etc.). Construction and/or landscaping experience. Know how to act responsibly around power tools, heavy equipment and busy job sites.
- Strong time management, communication & organizational abilities, the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Flexible schedule — some weekend days may be required, occasionally days run long.
- Active Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees, spouses, and children
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer matching contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Discretionary bonus program
To apply, please attach a brief email and resume to email@example.com or call 617-776-1400. Para aplicar en espanol markar 813-478-1605
Green City Growers does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor