Green City Growers, or GCG, is growing and is looking to hire urban farm crew for Boston and the surrounding area. This position is seasonal and part time at about 24 – 32 hours per week. This is a perfect position for someone who is interested in learning about urban agriculture, motivated by something larger than themselves, someone who loves the outdoors, enjoys working as part of a team, and is looking for a great opportunity to grow. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a quickly growing company that is dedicated to developing sustainable onsite food production systems
- Site Support: Assist Production Site Specialist with onsite production, harvest, and maintenance. Assist other Farmers in leading programming for groups of all ages and maintaining gardens as needed.
- Greenhouse & Plant Production: Seeding, watering, and transplanting in greenhouse. Keep greenhouse and plant storage area clean and organized.
- Facilities Support: Assist Horticulture Manager in keeping stock and storage areas clean and organized. Maintain R&D garden and office plants as needed.
- Staff Support: Stock and maintain tool kits. Assist farmers in loading and unloading vehicles.
- Builds and Installs: Assist builds and installs crew as needed installing beds onsite and building products in the shop as needed.
- Administration: Assist in research, administrative, and recordkeeping tasks in CRM, File Management, etc. as needed.
IDEA QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Experience in farming, garden, construction, maintenance or environmental work
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work independently
- Driver’s license preferred
- Ability to move heavy objects on a regular basis (50 lbs)
- Reports to Production Site Specialist
- Part-Time, Seasonal: ~24 to 32 Hours/Week.
- May 18th through September 25th or as conditions allow
- Wage: Base $12.75/hour
To apply, please attach a resume and send a brief email with the subject “Urban Farmer Application” to email@example.com outlining your experience and desire to be part of our team. Please no calls or emails other than to this address.
Green City Growers does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor