Green City Growers is an employee owned, certified B Corp and is the premier urban farming company based in Somerville, Massachusetts. We transform unused space into thriving urban farms, providing our clients which include schools, homeowners, restaurants, corporate campuses, senior living communities, and sporting venues with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring self-sufficiency. Most farmers will tend to raised bed gardens, with the potential for working with in-ground and/or indoor growing systems. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a quickly growing company that is dedicated to developing sustainable onsite food production systems and educating people to grow sustainably.
Location: Somerville, MA
- Programming Curriculum & SOPs: Develop education program guides for each community type served by GCG. This includes young children, youth, adult (including adults in workplace programs and senior communities) and family programs. Develop and organize the curriculum library (includes designing resources for both in person and virtual programs and training materials for program partners). Contribute to building a program where the diverse body of people we engage are best served by our content, materials, and approach (i.e., race, ethnicity, language, gender, culture, class, age, accessibility, neurodiversity). Develop SOPs related to programs with guidance from Program Director.
- Horticulture and Farmer Educator Experience: Build horticultural skills and teaching skills in step with building curriculum while working with Horticulture Director and Manager, Program Director and Farmers. Horticultural experience could include maintenance in R & D garden, hydroponic system maintenance, and greenhouse and microgreen growing. Accompany Farmer Educators at programs and garden sites to test out curriculum and program ideas. Record and further develop curriculum based on experiences teaching in the field.
- Resource Coordination: Ensure engagement and program materials are stocked and organized. Work with Program Director and Horticulture department on product research and purchasing.
- Staff Support: Contribute to a workplace community that fosters open communication, inclusivity, teamwork, professional growth, constructive feedback, urgency and accountability. Regularly lead, co-lead and observe programs at a variety of sites to test out curriculum activities and support Farmer Educators. Coach Farmers (in one-on-one, small group meetings and Program meetings) in curriculum implementation and teaching approach and strategies.
- Administrative Support & Client Communication: Complete and delegate (to Customer Success Lead) administrative tasks in building efficiencies and program coordination and scheduling, including client communication and communicating and recording this information related to programs and program clients.
- Grants: Assist in identifying grant opportunities and writing grant applications with Program Director and other internal participants as needed.
- Outreach & Professional Development: Share program work in various ways (i.e., present at conferences and continuing education courses, write for publication. Attend conferences/workshop training. Plan and execute special events with Program Director and Business Development Manager.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Teaching experience required.
- Garden education experience or nature-based program experience preferred.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Detailed oriented with good communication, organizational and mentoring skills.
- Digital design skills for designing curriculum materials with tools such as Adobe Suite (including Photoshop and InDesign), Microsoft Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Canva) required.
- Grant writing and management experience
- Strong writing skills
- You may be subject to a background check, i.e., CORI check.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees, spouses, and children after 90 days
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer matching contribution after one years
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after one year
- Discretionary bonus program
To apply, please attach a resume and send a brief email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and desire to be part of our team. Please no calls or emails other than to this email address.
Green City Growers does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor