Green City Growers is an employee-owned, Certified B Corporation and is the premier urban farming company based in Somerville, Massachusetts. We transform unused space into thriving urban farms, providing schools, homeowners, restaurants, businesses, and communities with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring self-sufficiency. Our clients include schools, corporate campuses supermarkets, restaurants, private residences, and sporting venues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a quickly growing company that is dedicated to developing sustainable onsite food production systems.
Green City Growers seeks a positive, driven individual interested in immersing themselves in a growing business and becoming an integral part of the management team.
This is a perfect position for someone who is motivated by something larger than themselves, can work as part of a team, is a self-starter, can see your work through with a high degree of independence, and is looking for a great opportunity to grow. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a growing B-Corp company that is dedicated to helping bring sustainable food production to Boston, the northeast and beyond.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Financial Planning & Accounting:
- In coordination with parent company, organize and file receipts. Manage A/R & A/P, invoicing.
- Manage accounts receivable, including follow-up for delinquent payments.
- Develop and coordinate all department budgets. Coordinate with parent company on all activities.
- Work with sales staff on costing/pricing.
- Enter and track ongoing expenses. Maintain record of receipts.
- Reconcile bank accounts, issue financial statements. Provide information and financial statements as needed to accountants and other financial services providers.
- Assemble information for external audits.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Enter month-end transactions.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Financial analysis and planning as directed by company president.
- Oversee and monitor monthly inventory process.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Provide administrative support to management as requested
- Ability to develop and manage income statements, balance sheets, depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Light technology upkeep and liaison with parent company and external computer support.
- Work with parent company to manage/maintain existing computer inventory and procure new equipment.
- Manage online subscriptions services, internet, and telephone systems. Coordinate with parent company and outside vendors to address issues.
- Manage primary telephone system, company e-mail accounts and website form submissions and forward messages appropriately.
- Act as main liaison to parent company office relating to finance, legal, and all back-office activities.
- Work with parent company to ensure all licenses, permits, and insurance documents are up-to-date and accessible.
- Develop, maintain, and update standard operating procedures for administrative area of company.
- Manage version control and formatting of all internal documentation. Compile customer agreements and confirm all are up to date, filed and managed correctly.
- Request and distribute customer insurance information requests (COIs).
- Research new office technology products, review quotes with management. Manage relationships with outside vendors: information technology, internet/phone, insurance agents/providers.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting, auditing & FP&A. Previous management experience preferred.
- Highly organized. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Driver’s license required.
- Friendly, positive attitude and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of QuickBooks Online, MS Office Suite Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). CRM database software experience and/or high acumen to learn CRM and other software systems and be proficient in Internet software. Expert in Excel.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees, spouses and children.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer matching contribution.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply, please attach a resume and send a brief email with the subject “Controller Application” to email@example.com outlining your experience and desire to be part of our team. Please no calls or emails other than to this address.