Green City Growers is an employee owned (ESOP), certified B Corp and is the premier urban farming company based in Somerville, Massachusetts. We transform unused space into thriving urban farms, providing schools, homeowners, restaurants, corporate campuses, senior living communities, and sporting venues with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring self-sufficiency.
Location: Somerville, MA
Class: Full-time Salary
Green City Growers seeks a positive, driven individual interested in immersing themselves in a growing business and becoming an integral part of the team. This is a perfect position for someone who is motivated by something larger than themselves, can work as part of a team, is a self-starter, can see your work through with a high degree of independence, and is looking for a great opportunity to grow. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a quickly growing company that is dedicated to developing sustainable onsite food production systems.
Sales & Business Development:
- Support the continued growth and expansion of GCG’s operations. Generate sales for our products and services from initial lead generation to customer contract closure. Manage prospective client data, task/activities and information and keep up to date CRM system.
- Preserve and file client information (physically and virtually) and prepare sales presentations.
- Compile costing/pricing information and compile estimates and proposals for new projects and existing project updates.
- Attend internal & external sales meetings, support sales calls, and assist in coordination of meetings with prospective clients.
- Collaborate on transition from new deal to active project.
- Assure follow ups and sales tasks are scheduled and managed with team.
- Work to continually develop and improve sales collateral, presentations and customer communications.
- Support communications channels, website and outbound sales campaigns (MailChimp, surveys, etc.).
- Assist with signage development and design.
- Provide material, content, and support for social media outlets.
Research and Data:
- Research and monitor publications, events, conferences, speaking opportunities, and RFP’s. Analyze sales data with an eye to developing sales process efficiencies. Research market opportunities as needed.
- Facilitate lead generation, customer profiling and research new markets. Identify potential customer segments, partners, vendor, suppliers and manage CRM data.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training
- Ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person
- Strong written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized, business acumen
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach to sales
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,) Google Suite, Adobe Suite, CRM (any variety) experience, data management, research
- Customer Service and sales experience preferred
- Interest in urban agriculture, organic farming, sustainability, urban planning
- Driver’s License required
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees, spouses and children
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer matching contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Discretionary bonus program
To apply, please attach a resume and send a brief email with the subject “Business Development Associate Application” to email@example.com outlining your experience and desire to be part of our team. Please no calls or emails other than to this address.
Green City Growers does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.