Title: Administrative Manager
Location: Somerville MA
Reports to: President
Date of Opening: Immediately
Class: Full Time Salary
Our Company: Green City Growers is New England’s premier urban farming company. We transform unused space into thriving urban farms, providing schools, homeowners, restaurants, businesses and communities with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring self-sufficiency through engagement. Our clients include: Whole Foods Market, the Boston Public Schools, office parks, assisted living communities, and Fenway Farms- a 5,000 square foot farm on the rooftop of Fenway Park. There is also much more to come!
The Role: Green City Growers seeks a positive, driven individual interested in immersing themselves in a growing business and assisting Green City Growers management in keeping the business running smoothly through administrative responsibilities and communications.
This is a perfect position for someone who is motivated by something larger than themselves, can work as part of a team, is a self-starter, can see your work through with a high degree of independence, and is looking for a great opportunity to grow. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team in a growing company that is dedicated to helping bring sustainable food production to Boston, the northeast and beyond.
Scope of Work:
- Act as main liaison to parent company office relating to finance, human resources, legal, benefits and all back-office activities.
- Work with parent company to ensure all licenses and permits, insurance documents, employee handbook are up-to-date and accessible.
- Develop, maintain, and update standard operating procedures for administrative area of company. Consolidate and manage version control of SOPs for all departments.
- Manage version control and formatting of all internal documentation. Handle all office filing both cloud and physical based. Compile service agreements and confirm all are up to date, filed and managed correctly.
- Manage primary telephone system, company e-mail accounts and website form submissions and forward messages appropriately.
- Request and distribute customer insurance information requests (COIs). Answer phone and voicemails and direct calls as necessary.
- Schedule and coordinate all-company meetings. Coordinate travel for management. Coordinate office cleaning.
- Manage procurement of office supplies. Research new office technology products as needed; review quotes with management. Manage relationships with outside vendors: information technology, internet/phone, insurance agents/providers, and accounting support.
- Customer Service & Sales Support
- Act as primary point of contact for all Green City Growers clients’ questions and concerns. Direct questions to appropriate staff member when needed. Arrange for repair work orders when needed.
- Manage incoming telephone and email inquiries and distribute to appropriate team members.
- Add activities and contact information to company CRM and update as needed.
- Facilitate client meetings & site visits/consultations with GCG OPS and sales staff as appropriate. Schedule client consultations in collaboration with sales team. Draft contracts and invoices to follow up with potential customers.
- Work with sales staff to create costing/pricing documents for new deals. Develop customer facing estimates and proposals for products and services.
- Schedule installation and maintenance/programming visits. Schedule site consultations for sales team. Manage and coordinate farm maintenance and programming visits for all staff. Manage equipment, and vehicle schedules and coordinate installations, work orders and repairs with Operations.
- In coordination with parent company, organize and file receipts. Manage A/R & A/P, accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, payroll tasks.
- Develop admin department budget and consolidate and manage version control of all departmental budgets. Coordinate with parent company on all activities.
- Human Resources:
- In coordination with the parent company, manage, update, and administer human resources documents, i.e. employment agreements, benefits documents, on-boarding & offboarding.
- Work with parent company to relay needed HR/employee information to GCG locations.
- Light technology upkeep and liaison with parent company and external computer support.
- Work with parent company to manage/maintain existing computer inventory and procure new equipment
- Manage online subscriptions services, internet, and telephone systems. Coordinate with outside parent company and outside vendors to address issues.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Managing of interns and as otherwise needed.
Ideal Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years experience in an office environment required. Office management and/or human resources experience a plus
- High school required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly organized. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Friendly, positive attitude and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Driver’s license required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training.
Language & Communication Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have strong written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with, employees, team-members, supervisor, management, and other external stakeholders.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, and percentage; apply concepts of basic algebra, and interpret graphs/charts and tables.
Reasoning Ability: The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of MS Office Suite Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM database software and be proficient in Internet software
Other Skills and Abilities: Promote a positive Company image and must understand overall department and company priorities. Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven and well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven. Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment: Work in office, greenhouse; customer sites and field sites subject to hot and cold temperatures and a wide variance of noise and will work while exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, uneven, muddy walking surfaces and outside weather conditions. Extended times sitting at desk and operating a computer and requires the manual dexterity to operation a telephone. Requires the visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation and to see close and far away. Must have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone. This position requires the employee to lift up to 50 lbs. horizontally and vertically, bend, stoop, stand, twist, and reach. This position may require working outside of normal business hours.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees, spouses and children
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer matching contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP),
- Free, voluntary & confidential counseling sessions (EAP Program)
- Discretionary bonus program
- Scholarship Program for the children of our employees heading to college
- Paid jury and witness duty leave, Paid bereavement leave, Paid sick leave (in excess of legal mandates)
To apply, please attach a resume and send a brief email with the subject “Administrative Manager Application” to email@example.com outlining your experience and desire to be part of our team. Please no calls or emails other than to this address.
Green City Growers does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.