Supply your restaurant, cafe or hotel with fresh produce organically grown on site in containers, raised beds or a full rooftop farm. Urban farms and gardens draw the community, beautify barren spaces, and demonstrate your restaurant’s commitment to sourcing the finest ingredients possible.
“Our Boylston location’s indoor garden has generated more attention and buzz than any sign or anything else we’ve done to connect people with what we do and our mission.”
– John Olinto, Owner/Founder of b.good
Take the food service farm-to-table movement to the next level by growing and harvesting a portion of your produce only feet from your establishment’s kitchen. Growing on site ensures quality and a fresh supply of typically high-priced herbs and unavailable heirloom plant varieties.
“Herbs we get from even the best purveyors have lost flavor. Fresh herbs, straight from our Green City Growers garden, the flavors are still there; they just pop.”
–Head Chef Freddie, Tables of Content Catering
Benefits of Growing On Site
- Yield, on average, 2-3 pounds of produce per square foot of growing space (requirements)
- Immediate access to fresh, local, chemical-free produce
- A meaningful connection to your ingredients for an inspired menu
- Active participation in the “green movement” and energy conservation
- A collaborative environment for your staff
- Cost-saving (yield and value), and time-saving
- Generate buzz-worthy press